Professional Development Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of our members and donors, RIEEA can offer financial assistance to our members to attend professional development (PD) related to environmental education.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
- Applicants must be RIEEA members or work for or volunteer for a RIEEA organizational member.
- Applications will be accepted from educators of all backgrounds including formal and pre-service teachers as well as nonformal educators and environmental advocates.
- A maximum of 50% of the total cost of the training and/or travel expenses to the training will be awarded, up to $100.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) are highly encouraged to apply as 50% of our PD Scholarship fund is allocated for BIPOC as one part of our organization’s commitment to create change toward an equitable, anti-racist, and environmentally just future.
- Scholarships are awarded to individual applicants. Group members must apply individually.
- Scholarships are available for future professional development only and cannot be used retroactively for past events.
- Applications will be vetted through RIEEA’s Operations Committee.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the fund is fully distributed.
If awarded, scholarship recipients must provide a brief summary of the experience including what they learned and how it might be applied to their work, along with a photo to be included in the monthly member newsletter. To apply, please fill out this short application form. Remember, you must be a member to apply!