Virtual Lunch & Learn
A core function of RIEEA is providing spaces for educators to gather, discuss new and emerging strategies, and learn from one another. Our community is incredibly collaborative, with members of different organizations approaching this work as partners with a shared goal and mission, rather than as competitors. Formal and non-formal educators and other professionals explore the challenges and opportunities in this field, share resources, express needs, and offer support to each other.
Historically RIEEA gathered exclusively in person, taking advantage of Rhode Island being the smallest state in the US. To combat the sense of isolation that so many of us felt during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic, and to support the educational community when they needed it most, RIEEA created virtual community learning spaces to expand our reach and provide new resources and assistance during a most challenging time.
These virtual learning spaces continue!
Join us via Zoom for a bimonthly Virtual Lunch & Learn to discuss such diverse topics as grant writing, promoting anti-racism, summer camp strategies, and tick bite prevention. Occasionally we invite local and national leaders to share their expertise. RIEEA members can attend for free; nonmembers are charged a nominal fee. Eating on or off camera is encouraged!
Do you have an idea for a lunch & learn topic? We are always open to suggestions and invite you to share your thoughts and recommendations today.
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Bright Green Future
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Hosting Professional Development
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Promoting Anti-racism Within Your Organization
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Grant Proposals
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Back to School
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Tick Talk
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Effective Online EE
- Virtual Lunch & Learn: Summer Programs & Camps in the Age of COVID