Environmental Education Awards
Look around! You are surrounded by so many wonderful people and organizations in Rhode Island who deserve recognition for the good work they do.
Each year, members of the RIEEA community can nominate an educator, student, organization, or school for our annual Environmental Education (EE) Awards. Each EE Award winner receives a certificate, monetary award, RIEEA membership, and other small gifts. Winners are expected to attend our Awards Ceremony to accept their award. Registration is complimentary for the winner (or for one representative if it is an organization or school) and a guest. Please note that you cannot nominate yourself or someone on the RIEEA board.
Nominations for the 2023 EE Awards will open in the summer of 2023 and winners will be announced by the end of August 2023.
Contact us if you wish to be notified when the nomination period begins or if you have any questions at all.
- Student of the Year: Willa Phillips
- Teacher of the Year: Jane O’Connell
- Informal Educator of the Year: Bill Oakes
- Organization of the Year: Movement Education Outdoors
- Student of the Year: Brendan Peck
- Teacher of the Year: Doreen Schiff
- Environmental Educator of the Year: Kimberly Sullivan
- Program of the Year: The Empowerment Factory
- Teacher of the Year: Kerri Withrow Valentine
- Environmental Educator of the Year: Lisa Maloney
- Teacher of the Year: Holly Emery
- Environmental Educator of the Year: Molly Allard
- Teacher of the Year: Ray Allsworth
- Environmental Educator of the Year: April Alix
2022 Award Winners, from left to right, Student of the Year Fiona Brand, Teacher of the Year Stacy Gale, Nonformal Educator of the Year Tracey Hall, and Founder/Board Chair and Students of Organization of the Year, The Greene School.