Help us pass legislation for EE this year!
This Thursday, May 11, the House Finance Committee will hear the Climate Change and Ocean Protection Workforce Development & Education bills. These bills are RIEEA’s key legislative priorities and we need your help to get them passed!
Join us as we advocate for $1 million in funding to provide our youth with the skills and knowledge they need to be competitive in the growing green and blue economies:
- Learn more about these bills here.
- Sign our petition here.
- Submit written testimony – as a PDF by 5pm Wednesday if possible! – to HouseFinance@rilegislature.gov. Please cc Chair Abney and Rep. Cortvriend at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your testimony should include your name, viewpoint (support/against), and the bill numbers (H-6105 / H-6106). To help you get started, check out this 1-page info sheet with details.
- If you would like to testify in person, please arrive in the State House hearing room (Room 35) no later than 5pm to sign up with the committee clerk. We will be there to assist you. Plan to speak directly to the committee and try not to just read notes.
- Call your state representative (identify them here and find their contact information here) and encourage them to support the 2023 Climate Change and Ocean Protection Workforce Development & Education Acts (H-6105 / H-6106). Be sure to speak about your personal experience, either as a provider or educator or as a participant in this type of programming. It really makes a difference!
- If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to Jeanine at jsilversmith(at)rieea(dot)org.
It is only when people speak up that real change can happen! Join with us to make sure that our emerging workforce is prepared for the growing green and blue economies.